We are extremely proud to be able to announce the publication by Lynx Edicions and BirdLife International of the first comprehensive field guide dedicated to the birds of Vietnam authored by Richard Craik and Le Quy Minh of Vietnam Birding.
Available in a hard cover or a water resistant flexi cover, perfect for use in the field, Birds of Vietnam follows Birds of Thailand as the second guide in the new series of Lynx and BirdLife International Field Guides. You will find every recorded species described in text and illustrations, along with distribution maps for all but vagrants.
- Taxonomy follows the HBW and BirdLife International Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the World.
- Detailed texts covering status, habitat and behaviour, age, sex and geographical variation, voice, and confusion species.
- Over 1900 illustrations covering all species and distinctive subspecies, birds in flight, males and females, juveniles and non-breeding plumages, where appropriate.
- QR code for each species, linking to the Internet Bird Collection gallery of photos, videos and sounds.
- More than 870 full-colour range maps for all species other than vagrants.
- Well-marked subspecies groups receive full accounts, and the distributions of subspecies breeding in the region are clearly mapped.
- Local species names included.
To order a copy of this indispensible new field guide for all birders visiting Vietnam click here: https://www.lynxeds.com/product/birds-vietnam
“Field Guide to the Birds of Vietnam” by Richard Craik & Le Quy Minh published by Lynx Edicions
“In search of the Stunning – and Possibly Extinct – Edwards’s Pheasant”
“Birding by cable car”
“Discovered – an accessible site for Golden-winged Laughingthrush”
“New visa exemptions for European visitors to Vietnam”
“Great Crested Grebe found at Ba Be Lake: First record for Vietnam”
“New ‘Vietnam’s Endangered Primates’ tour from Vietnam Birding”
“Birding on Mount Bi Doup – Quest for the Indochinese Fulvetta”